Oh, I do love to make a list.
And I just found another great opportunity to make one!!
Angie, over at Write Me Happy has issued a creative challenge called 22 Things, which is a means to accomplish BIG things through small steps.
So, here is my list.
The one that came right off the top of my head with out any editing or shuffling of order of importance or anything like that.
- Move a little bit more each day (stretch, walk, dance)
- Listen to music more often
- Practice my guitar, daily
- Drink more water
- Do my vocal training exercises more often
- Sign up for voice lessons
- Organize my songs into folders (computer)/binders (hard copy)
- Finish putting together another copy of a children's book I wrote into 12x12 scrapbook
- Mail a minimum of 3 cards per week
- Make cards weekly, set aside an hour or two on Sundays
- Take better care of my fingernails
- Book an appointment for a pedicure (use christmas gift certificate!)
- Make one date per week with a friend for lunch or tea
- Start blogging more about music
- Start blogging some recipes
- Work on making a scrapbook again.
- Start recording songs and story readings for a gift for a special little girl
- Have more family outings (weekly)
- Be more physically active as a family
- Join a choir
- Find a songwriters group to join
- Play with clay (plasticine)
- Get a new journal
I added that last one in because, I was making the list in my journal and had reached the last page!
Wanting to tweak it.
Make it more appealing.
(Why is spending time with my family so low on the list? How could I neglect 'practicing with my brother for our planned open mic night?' I didn't include any steps to finding a new full time job, which should be a priority for me right now in order to pay the bills).
And then, I went blog surfing. I went to visit Pauline at journal illustrations and musings and read this lovely post.
I could see a similarity in her description of resisting the urge to change what she didn't like about her painting and just let it be and become what it will.
I then decided to leave my list alone.
It is what it is.
It came to me in that order for whatever reason and I'm not going to judge it, or change it, or add to it right now.
I think sometimes I just try to do to much at once.
So I'll stick with this list a while and see where it takes me.
Oh, and then, I ate some chocolate!