Monday, April 30, 2012

Menu Plan for April 30-May 6 and Welcome to Screen-Free Week Challenge

When I fell off the blogging train a month ago, I also fell off my oh so successful Menu Planning Train!
And I was doing so well! (in fact, I believe that is what one of my last posts was all about. Guess I spoke too soon!) 
Oh well, I'm getting back on track now!!

Here is my plan for this week:


Monday: BBQ Pork Ribs, Basmati Veggie Rice, Asparagus

Tuesday: Shepherds Pie, Spinach-Strawberry-Pecan Salad

Wednesday: Huevos Rancheros, w/Roasted Potatoes and Beet/Lentil Salad

Thursday: Butter Chicken w/Naan Bread, Green Beans & Carrots

Friday: Leftovers and Soup (not sure what kind yet)

Saturday: Mediterranean Vegetable Pie, Greek Salad

Sunday: Garlic Shrimp Linguine With Spinach

So, it is now Screen-Free Week
I have been working up to this for a month now. 
Even though I haven't been blogging, I have still spent a lot of time online. 
Still reading some blogs.
And still plenty of facebook, and e-mail, and youtube, and googling whatever.
Well, not this week.
I am completely offline (except at work).
All leisure time will be unplugged.

I have been promoting this with my daughter's school, her Girl Guide unit, our local library 
and at my place of work. 
I have been doing this out of an interest I have in becoming less "plugged in". 
The promotion of literacy, learning, physical and creative activities also combines nicely with my job as  I work at a child and family resource centre.

We do not have a tv in our house and haven't watched actual tv for seven and a half years now.
I like it that way :-)


This post was scheduled.
As are the rest of this week's posts.
I will be fully back next week!



1 comment:

Lochness Lass said...

wow I'm impressed ....no t.v. good for you Carrie...I don't have that much will powerer-especially in the winter....