Monday, July 27, 2009

Unexpected Holiday

My little sugar plum was off to visit her grandparents all last week. Fishguy was working all week. I was expecting to work my regular Mon, Tues, Wed, but the enrollment at the daycare has really dropped this summer, so I worked 6.5 hours last Monday and have been off ever since!! I work again tomorrow.

So what, you may ask, have I been up to all week long? Well, without a child around (or a hubby) it is possible to get caught up on all the house work and laundry… and stay there (for a little while anyways!).

Mostly, I’ve been de-cluttering. I cleaned out my closet (it was long overdue) and I cleaned out Sugar-Plum's closet too. She will be arriving home on Thursday with a large addition of new clothes and shoes courtesy of a shopping spree with Grandma, so I just had to clear out the old (and too small) to make room for the new.

I put 2 garbage bags and 2 largish boxes in the trunk of my car to drop off at Community Care on my way to work tomorrow. That felt good!

I also went through all of Sugar Plum’s school work for the year, recycling much of it, and organizing the report cards, awards, special projects etc. into folders to be put into the eventual scrapbook that I have been planning (for about 4 years) to make of all such things!!

I have a tendency to be a huge procrastinator…. More about that later… LOL!

I’ve wanted, for quite a while now to paint the room that I use as my yoga space. It is also the place where all the musical instruments live. This room, I call the studio. Well, this week I actually managed to get started on this project by tearing off all the hideous wall-paper border in that room! Yay!! It’s a start. I also showed Fishguy the paint-chip colour samples that I have selected to paint the room, to which he said, “Nice!”.


Are my colour choices obvious enough?
Next step: go and buy the paint. I’ll keep you posted on how that goes.

Anyways, besides cleaning, laundry, closet-purging and organizing, recycling, border removal, paying bills and filing receipts, I did manage to fit several non-householdy activities in as well.



  • Yoga every day (day 100 is tomorrow!!!)
  • Guitar playing and singing every day
  • Raspberry picking
  • Visited a couple of friends for tea
  • Had a lovely dinner out with Fishguy on Saturday night
  • Watched some movies
  • Went for a swim
  • Read some of Sugar Plum's Library books
  • Read Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (almost done)
  • Journal Writing
  • Blog Writing
  • Listening to music
  • Just hanging out at home being happily introverted!!

Not a bad way to spend an unexpected stay-cation. Incidentally, I consider this list to double as my graditude list for this week!!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

OMG! You did 100 days of yoga (as of tomorrow, but I think it's a pretty sure bet at this point)

Big big big kudos!

Painting your yoga room is the perfect reward for your dedication and your accomplishment ;)

karmacoy said...

Thank you, Kavindra.
Yes! I did it!

And painting the yoga room isn't the only reward I am affording myself...

Today I am going to get my hair done, colour and cut!! I'm so very excited about this.

Soon to be posting some pics of all the new colour in my life!