Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Transformation Inevitable


This beauty is the reason we intentionally keep milkweed in the yard at the River House. While beautiful, even in its larval stage, this creature will soon become a magnificent Monarch Butterfly. Plus, the flower produced by this so-called weed, is also quite lovely.
I'm feeling a lot like a caterpillar these days, steadily munching away on my diet of yoga, guitar playing and singing.
I've been working on intentionally living my bliss (with the encouragement of this lady).
And in doing so I've learned:
  • not to care quite so much about what others think
  • to be more conscious of my daily choices and how they affect my bliss and energy
  • that I have more self discipline than I've ever given myself credit for
  • that I am able to recognize and overcome negative self talk (the divas) more frequently (um, see the previous post for more on this)
  • to be less hard on myself
  • to be more open and loving

In further examining my intentions, I've found that:

  • I practice contentment, regardless of my situation (even when the divas are present)
  • When truly unhappy with my situation, I have the power to CHANGE it
  • It is my purpose to spread and reflect light to all beings
  • Singing is my bliss and I intend to live that every day

I still need to work a bit more on my list of intentions but in practicing contentment with where I am at, I'm not too stressed about it. I also see that the journey is where the joy is, it's not at the culmination of any list making project I take on.

And while transformation is inevitable, the caterpillar is just as lovely as the butterfly!

3 comments:

Lisa said...

I love this post! Transformation IS inevitable, and the caterpillar IS as lovely as the butterfly. This is wonderful ... thank you for the reminder.

Anonymous said...

Great post!

karmacoy said...

Thank you both!!